Saturday 7 April 2012

Chamonix 2012


Skiing is a past time I’ve always associated with the upper echelons of society so when my sister arranged this big family trip (13 of us in total) I jumped at the chance to give it a go!

Now with a group this big, like every trip in my life it has to be run like a military operation, the D Day landings have nothing on getting the Marstons to the airport on time. So after spending far too much time in the bar we were a matter of minutes from missing our flight! ‘Final Call for the Marstons’ is not what you want to be hearing when you’re onto your 3rd GnT!

When we left the UK it was so hot, the legs had been shaved and the jean shorts were out so the thought of going to sub freezing conditions at the top of a mountain was not appealing. This was not a problem it seems as when we were all wrapped in thermals, jackets and hats the temperature was 27 degrees! There’s nothing quite like coming off the mountain with 3 layers on to see a topless man laying next to the ski lift with a can of beer – SUN BATHING!

As a complete beginner I thought my more advanced sisters would take me down the nursery slope a few times to find my feet -  but no. We began skiing down a slight hill to which I shout ‘this is easy’. Then I get round the bend to see the BIGGEST, STEEPEST slope at which point I could have cried!

There’s nothing quite like learning by doing so after an hour of falling over and fearing for my life I managed to make it down to the bottom – just in time for lunch!


xx

5 comments:

  1. Great photos looks like you had an awesome time :) I hope you will follow my blog :)

    leopardinleather.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I had a really good time.

      I'm following your blog...please remember to follow mine

      Thanks
      xx

      Delete
  2. Love the pics! So cute! Love skiing but I haven't been in forever!

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I will check out your blog now x

      Delete
  3. thank you for your comment. follow me in my blog =)

    http://maryannvillezon.blogspot.se

    btw iLOVE your style =)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments